Thursday, April 15, 2010

Does anyone else think the lighting in G ...

You could be standing in the middle of the street in the lightest of day but if you look at the front of Niko all you see is a dark shadow. And on the mission where you have to [spoiler] kill Mikhail [/spoiler] and you are climbing up the stairs at the top of the building, I couldn't even find the stairs. I was running into a damn wall until I died. And at night it is very tough to find the door to your apartment cause the street lights are pretty useless.Does anyone else think the lighting in G ...
ya its a bit dark but not too bad, have you tried messing with your tv and game settings??Does anyone else think the lighting in G ...
Is there a cheat for making it day all the time? And if I enter this cheat, will it mess up my save game and prevent me from getting achievements?
agreed i put a garbage bag over my window and turn all the lights off and it makes it a little better need a high def
[QUOTE=''iamcanadian69'']agreed i put a garbage bag over my window and turn all the lights off and it makes it a little better need a high def[/QUOTE] Strange, I just got through playing it and was thinking the same thing. It's way to dark. I'm playing on hi def also, 720P. I tried all kinds of settings and nothing helps! I like games with lots of great lighting effects. So far this one sucks because of the darkness. In my opinion this game only deserved about a 8.5 maximum!! I guess the hype influenced the reviewers.:roll:
Lol, I have no problems seeing.
i havent played GTA4, but had the same problem with Bully: Scholership Edition. Raising the brightness helped it a little bit, so try that
[QUOTE=''dsplayer1010'']i havent played GTA4, but had the same problem with Bully: Scholership Edition. Raising the brightness helped it a little bit, so try that[/QUOTE] Already tried everything that could be adjusted. When the brightness or contrast is turned up then the color looks dull. I'm really disappointed with this game. money down the drain! I put Halo 3 in earlier and actually enjoyed it more.
Try tweaking the brightness and stuff in options.
[QUOTE=''MM87'']You could be standing in the middle of the street in the lightest of day but if you look at the front of Niko all you see is a dark shadow. And on the mission where you have to [spoiler] kill Mikhail [/spoiler] and you are climbing up the stairs at the top of the building, I couldn't even find the stairs. I was running into a damn wall until I died. And at night it is very tough to find the door to your apartment cause the street lights are pretty useless.[/QUOTE]I've noticed this too. I'm pretty sure theres something wrong with the game because it kinda just gets really dark all of a sudden. Next time it gets so dark you can't even see a door or something like that try pausing and unpausing the game. See if that makes it go back to the correct brightness level.Also, are you playing on an HDTV? This seems to less of a problem when playing in SD.
this is a problem with your TV dude, not the game. im playing in HD and the game looks great. always bright, even at night. never so dark that i cannot see anything, infact even when it is the dead of night in the game i can still see things more realistically than i would in real life....get your TV looked at or buy a new one, what is more likely, there is something wrong with the game (considering millions have it now and hardly anyone is complaining about this) or that there is something wrong with your TV...... yeah, its your TV.
I noticed this problem too but fixed it using the options in GTAIV. There are three things you can adjust.....1. Brightness2. Contrast3. SaturationPlay around with them until you find the best setting. If the colors look dull increase the saturation. The settings I use are...1. Brightness 3rd from last2. Contrast. 2nd from last3. Saturation 4th from last''From last'' obviously means how far the bar is filled from left to right.
To fix that issue, you are going to have to adjust your lighting/contrast in the game menu. I believe I changed my settings similar to ''x-2tha-z'' and it looks awesome.
I thought the lighting was fine :S
I did, but then I changed the game settings and made it a bit brighter. Now it's perfect.
im glad to hear that the game itself is infact dark and that there isnt something wrong with my tv and too see sometimes i have to get really close to my tv which is frustrating cuz by then ill have died already
[QUOTE=''Roland123_basic'']this is a problem with your TV dude, not the game. im playing in HD and the game looks great. always bright, even at night. never so dark that i cannot see anything, infact even when it is the dead of night in the game i can still see things more realistically than i would in real life....get your TV looked at or buy a new one, what is more likely, there is something wrong with the game (considering millions have it now and hardly anyone is complaining about this) or that there is something wrong with your TV...... yeah, its your TV.[/QUOTE]It has nothing to do with my TV. Every other game looks perfect. And if it was my TV, why would pausing and unpausing the game fix it? Its the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment