Thursday, April 15, 2010

Is there any way to improve my NAT type ...

I have a Netgear wireless adapter and I don't wanna spend another $100 on a new one. And seeing as how I can get online I think it is compatible. I've tried port forwarding but that wouldn't work and I'm sick of having a strict NAT type. I'm about 2 minutes away from canceling Xbox Live cause I'm wasting $50 a year and I can't play online with any of my friends.



Does anyone know any other way that I can improve my NAT type to moderate or (preferably) open?Is there any way to improve my NAT type ...
You might try updating your firmware. Between that, and tweaking my router's I stopped getting NAT messages in Halo 3. I wish I could remember the setting I changed. Sorry.Is there any way to improve my NAT type ...
[QUOTE=''jphillips1868'']You might try updating your firmware. Between that, and tweaking my router's I stopped getting NAT messages in Halo 3. I wish I could remember the setting I changed. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know where to begin to upgrade my router. The damn router doesn't tell what kind of brand it is. All it says is Netgear CE0560. I never registered it and I looked on the Netgear site and did searches and I couldn't find anything on a firmware update.
lol the brand is netgear mate. if you can log on to the router which you must be able to for the port forwarding try these options



look for a setting to turn on UPNP this will automatically open your nat for your xbox if your router supports it as it knows what ports to forward to your xbox and does it automatcially



if that dont work or its not a option your router then find the section that covers the DHCP leases. set the leases to forever or the maximum amount of time. once you done that turn ur xbox on and check the ip address it has then look for a option to setup a DMZ ZONE then all it should require is enabling and put the ip address of the xbox as the DMZ ZONE that will definetally open your nat up if it dont then ur routers broke or has serious design faults. a dmz zone wont work by forwarding ports instead it removes the firewall thats blocking the port to xbox live. so no port forwarding is even needed.
You can update firmware just by going into your router settings with the disc or entering your IP in your webrowser. I have a Netgear and it works pretty good, but other then portfowarding or live/vista certified router your most likely gonna be out of luck...
  • cosmetics products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment