Sunday, April 11, 2010

black people

why are the african americans so sterotypically represented in GTA, first San andreas (even though that was supposed to be ''street'') and now in IV , but i will refrain from talking about that to spoil anyoneblack people
Because thats how the ones like that really act.Its not a race thing, it doesn't matter if they're black, but typically if somebody sells crack and kills people on a daily, they don't listen to mozart and enjoy a nice game of water polo and aged caviar on the weekend...black people
Many people probably generlize certain races and thats how they are put in the game. There is not much roon in a commercial game to make a truly unique people.
I believe the game is a satire.
[QUOTE=''wmc540'']I believe the game is a satire. [/QUOTE]I couldn't agree more. Just listen to some of the talk radio stations and commercials, it's nothing but stereotypes. All White-Americans want are big breasts on women, lots of money, and multi-million dollar condos on the beach. Europeans are all ugly, rich snobs. And your African-Americans smoke alot of weed and make their money by dealing. These are a few of the things I've heard/noticed from playing the game so far, and I'm only an hour in. But, these issues aren't meant to be taken seriously, and that's what makes the game funny to me.
black people kill???this is news to me!!!!:shock::shock:
[QUOTE=''wmc540'']I believe the game is a satire. [/QUOTE]exactly. this game is too smart for most of the people who play it. nim not saying youre stupid if you dont get the jokes, but rather the opposite. youre probably pretty educated if you pick up on a lot of the stuff. and we're not talking ''cherry poppers ice cream'' or anything easy like that.
i don't find anything affensive in this game. if peopel get offensive to this then they shouldn't even play this game. its a game its not like a person is making u play this or an actual person going up to u saying a racist word to ur face.
[QUOTE=''USSJAndrew'']Because thats how the ones like that really act.Its not a race thing, it doesn't matter if they're black, but typically if somebody sells crack and kills people on a daily, they don't listen to mozart and enjoy a nice game of water polo and aged caviar on the weekend...[/QUOTE]you'd be surprised XD i'm sure some crack dealers in real life enjoy overpriced fish eggs, classical concertos and aquatic lacrosse. but yeah like everyone's saying GTA4 is a satire, and a damn fine one if you ask me. its like a modern day Mark Twain/Sam Clemens, or w/e the hell that guys name is.
I found it funny that all the security guards in the law firm were black and fat. Haha.
this is a funny topic lol
i find it funny that every time i see a car with flashy rims it's a black guy
there should be more black policeman, kinda balance things out a bit
Oh jeeze i love it when some wannabe do-gooder white person acts like they get offended for a race that isnt their own... I get emberrased for these odd white people, because no other race knows more about black/other-race history and oppression then a white/non-same-race guy/girl on an internet video game forum.
[QUOTE=''wmc540'']I believe the game is a satire. [/QUOTE]Yep.
[QUOTE=''stevo_123''] why are the african americans so sterotypically represented in GTA, first San andreas (even though that was supposed to be ''street'') and now in IV , but i will refrain from talking about that to spoil anyone[/QUOTE]It's a game, deal with it. I laugh my butt off when they open their mouths and talk ''jive''.
[QUOTE=''draftrough'']Oh jeeze i love it when some wannabe do-gooder white person acts like they get offended for a race that isnt their own... I get emberrased for these odd white people, because no other race knows more about black/other-race history and oppression then a white/non-same-race guy/girl on an internet video game forum. [/QUOTE] Yea. Let's not get all sentimental. We are long past race in my eyes... The people like you who bring it up and keep making it an issue, are the reasons we can't get past it in society.I say the most vulgar racist things to my black friends and vice versa, do we ever get annoyed at each other? Hell no. Skin color means nothing, as long as you know you respect each other it shouldn't matter. It's all in good fun. Little Jacob is my favorite person in the whole game. Look at Dave Chapelle, you don't give a damn who he's ripping on, he's just funny.
[QUOTE=''Unassigned''][QUOTE=''stevo_123''] why are the african americans so sterotypically represented in GTA, first San andreas (even though that was supposed to be ''street'') and now in IV , but i will refrain from talking about that to spoil anyone[/QUOTE]It's a game, deal with it. I laugh my butt off when they open their mouths and talk ''jive''.[/QUOTE]I thought Little Jacob was a Jamician. I didn't know he was taking jive.
[QUOTE=''badmonkey35''][QUOTE=''Unassigned''][QUOTE=''stevo_123''] why are the african americans so sterotypically represented in GTA, first San andreas (even though that was supposed to be ''street'') and now in IV , but i will refrain from talking about that to spoil anyone[/QUOTE]It's a game, deal with it. I laugh my butt off when they open their mouths and talk ''jive''.[/QUOTE]I thought Little Jacob was a Jamician. I didn't know he was taking jive. [/QUOTE] The Rasta man :) That's kind of why this has no point.I mean what's with all the stereotypes, no jamaican's smoke weed...right? lol...
I have a jamaican friend who doesnt smoke weed....we think he's retarded or something. haha. he is a gamer though.and.............THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE OF HOMO SAPIENS!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment