Sunday, April 11, 2010

Does anybody realize this about GTA IV?

Hey does anyone here realize that GTA IV was the first game to receive a 10 on GameSpot in seven or eight YEARS? I'm not even kidding, I've looked it up many times for long stretches of time, and the last game to receive a 10 was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. That came out in like 2000 or 2001. All I can say is, wow.Does anybody realize this about GTA IV?
[QUOTE=''Tigerman950'']Hey does anyone here realize that GTA IV was the first game to receive a 10 on GameSpot in seven or eight YEARS? I'm not even kidding, I've looked it up many times for long stretches of time, and the last game to receive a 10 was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. That came out in like 2000 or 2001. All I can say is, wow.[/QUOTE]lol, trust me, we ALL realize it...Does anybody realize this about GTA IV?
a 10 well deserved in my books. :)
Although I do love GTA4 - this 10 would have meant so much more from Gamespot if they still had credible reviewers... anyone worth their weight have either been let go or they have left.
[QUOTE=''Maleku'']Although I do love GTA4 - this 10 would have meant so much more from Gamespot if they still had credible reviewers... anyone worth their weight have either been let go or they have left.[/QUOTE]Well, if it makes you feel better, IGN also rated it a 10. ;)
no, this is my first time hearing a 10 here. i joined this place in augest
well deserved in my opinion. its an amzing game that has mass appeal to a variety of gamers. congrats to rockstar on another masterpiece.
[QUOTE=''NOD_Grindking''][QUOTE=''Tigerman950'']Hey does anyone here realize that GTA IV was the first game to receive a 10 on GameSpot in seven or eight YEARS? I'm not even kidding, I've looked it up many times for long stretches of time, and the last game to receive a 10 was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. That came out in like 2000 or 2001. All I can say is, wow.[/QUOTE]lol, trust me, we ALL realize it...[/QUOTE]I was thinking the same thing.
Wait what? GTA got a 10? Quick, go tell the people in System Wars.
[QUOTE=''Maleku'']Although I do love GTA4 - this 10 would have meant so much more from Gamespot if they still had credible reviewers... anyone worth their weight have either been let go or they have left.[/QUOTE] It seems like theyre just copying other reviews.
[QUOTE=''Cooldude224''][QUOTE=''Maleku'']Although I do love GTA4 - this 10 would have meant so much more from Gamespot if they still had credible reviewers... anyone worth their weight have either been let go or they have left.[/QUOTE] It seems like theyre just copying other reviews.[/QUOTE]



unfortunately i've been thinking that for a while.
[QUOTE=''Mau-Justice''] Wait what? GTA got a 10? Quick, go tell the people in System Wars.[/QUOTE] If that was a joke... Awesome!.. but just to let you know it got a 10 on PS3 also.
i got the game, and while i agree the game is great. I do not believe it deserves a 10. IF they had made the graphics a little nicer it would be closer. but the driving controls are still so so (ever notice how bad your car spins around when u press the hand-brake button). and the multiple glitches people have been encountering............ I dont think ive ever played a game that deserved a 10 really. but IF there is a 10 out there, its not going to have so many glitches.and yes, we all know there hasn't been a 10 on here for a long time. its not hard to look up all reviews, then sort by score.Soul calibur is one of the ''perfect games'', and while i dont think it's a 10 either, it ran alot smoother than GTA IV.
[QUOTE=''Talldude80''] i got the game, and while i agree the game is great. I do not believe it deserves a 10. IF they had made the graphics a little nicer it would be closer. but the driving controls are still so so (ever notice how bad your car spins around when u press the hand-brake button). [/QUOTE] I guess it depends on what your defition of 10/10 is. Is it a perfect game? I don't think any game ever could be. But GTA IV certainly comes very close. From what you say about the driving controls, I think they're fairly appropriate. If you go too fast, you spin. Slow down, you don't. It also depends on what vehicle you're in. After all, GTA IV isn't Burnout. Most of these vehicles aren't racing cars.
As for the graphics, I think they're probably pushed the 360 as far as they could manage, hence occasionally watching it struggle. I think it looks very nice. You need to remember the massive scale of the whole thing, running at once. It's very impressive.And the glitches, well... They haven't affected my personal enjoyment for the game. All the gliltches I've seen have been minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment