Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rockstar Hates South Carolinians (**Very ...

There is a mission early in the game where you have to find and beat down a blackmailer. They give you his phone number to call to track him down. Well, his phone number is an (843) area code.... meaning he is from the Charleston, SC area. That's right.... Rockstar wants you to beat down South Carolinians in particular. Why the hatred you crazy Brits? I would think you Brits would LIKE South Carolinians, I mean, we were the 1st to secede from that crazy United States that tried to break away from you. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? I mean heck, Charleston (the 843 area code) is named after King Charles for cryin out loud... why the hate? ***Yes, this is a joke. I just found it entertaining that my hometown's area code was in the game (and, as of so far, is the only number you actually receive, the rest are contact lists) despite the fact that the game is set in New York.Rockstar Hates South Carolinians (**Very ...
im actually really sure that is jsut a random number.Rockstar Hates South Carolinians (**Very ...
[QUOTE=''porky_ownsu'']im actually really sure that is jsut a random number.[/QUOTE] I had to replay the mission and it was identical the 2nd time. Now, if it were randomly generated each playthrough, the fact that it pulled my area code randomly might make it cooler for me. I wonder if there are any interesting numbers hidden in the game. Maybe I'll call 867-5309 when I get on later.... see if Jenny picks up.
If you really are from South Carolina, you would realize 843 is for 1/3 of the state, not just Charleston. ;)
[QUOTE=''Bartag'']If you really are from South Carolina, you would realize 843 is for 1/3 of the state, not just Charleston. ;)[/QUOTE] Yeah, but saying it includes Beaufort, Hilton Head, etc where I don't live kinda makes an already silly story even less exciting! ;)
[QUOTE=''nosferatu''] Why the hatred you crazy Brits? I would think you Brits would LIKE South Carolinians,[/QUOTE]Rockstar North isn't British, they're Scottish.
Thats not early thats like 12 hours in
[QUOTE=''The_SandRock''][QUOTE=''nosferatu''] Why the hatred you crazy Brits? I would think you Brits would LIKE South Carolinians,[/QUOTE]Rockstar North isn't British, they're Scottish.[/QUOTE]Same thing dude. Scotland is IN Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment